Saturday, September 08, 2012

Trip to Crater Lake and the Redwoods over Labor Day Weekend

My recent trip to Crater Lake, Oregon was somewhat a little disappointment. I knew about all of the surrounding fires, but hoped for a little less smoke than what I actually encountered. So I cut my visit short and drove over to Crescent City to stay one night. I did end up driving up to Crater Lake on day 2 of my trip and kept the sky out of my images most of the time. The smoke was visible from afar, but did not make it to the rim. Crater Lake is such an inspirational place that I still enjoy the ride around the rim. On day 3 I left Klamath Falls and head to Crescent City via some back roads I had scoped out, at least until I got to Grants Pass. From here it was route 199 into the Redwoods.

The Phantom Ship

On my way to the North Coast, I came across a Marina that was harboring a huge amount of Pelicans and other birds; I spend a good hour just after sunrise at this place.

The Pelicans

This little guy caught my attention along the rim drive

These (digital) photographs are not in the public domain! They may not be used on websites, blogs, or in any other media, they may not be copied, printed or otherwise reproduced in any manner or form, whether in whole or in part without explicit advance written permission from Inge Fernau

I am excellent in giving photo walks/tours and I will freely share my ‘secret spots’ with you. I am very familiar with Yosemite, the Eastern Sierra, Wine Country or California Coast. To find out more about taking a photo walk/tour with me Contact Us

Please visit my website for this and more. All images may be purchased or licensed in a range of sizes.
PhotoShelter Stock Images - Magical Glow Photography

Inge Fernau is available for Photo Tours/Walks or Short Hikes in Yosemite, the Eastern Sierra, Wine Country or the California Coast. Contact Us

Magical Glow PhotographyFacebook Fan PageFacebook Twitter

1 comment:

GlobalPhotography said...

Enjoy the most beautiful scenes by doing Middle East Photography and by clicking the pictures of nature around you. Hire the Global photography tours and experience the best wildlife photography.