Thursday, November 19, 2009

Surfer Dude

When I heard about the “high surf warning” last week, I got into my car on Saturday to catch some windsurfers – so I thought. When I got to the beach, no surfers, low tide…..I should have checked the tide tables before I drove all the way to the coast.
Learning from this I got up early the next day (Sunday) to get to the coast by the time high tide hit. I found a lot of surfers in the water enjoying the waves. Not very high waves I must say. Not one windsurfer or kite boarder around. Still I took over 500 images using a 100-400mm lens with a 1.4 extender, giving me a total of 560mm focal length. It is fun looking through the images to see what I actually got, because whenever the surfers caught a wave I kept on clicking away until they scrubbed.
The image below is a tight crop, the surfer almost jumped out of my frame, so no cropping on the top.


20091115_8618

Catching the Wave – November 15, 2009. © Copyright Inge Fernau .


This (digital) photograph is not in the public domain! It may not be used on websites, blogs, or in any other media, they may not be copied, printed or otherwise reproduced in any manner or form, whether in whole or in part without explicit advance written permission from Inge Fernau

Please visit my website for this and more. All images may be purchased or licensed in a range of sizes.


Facebook - Magical Glow Photography
Twitter - Inge Fernau

No comments: