Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not too late for Fall Colors

When driving to the town of Clearlake on Thanksgiving, I saw plenty of fall colors in the Napa Valley Wine Country and in Lake County. Amazingly the Oak trees still had bright yellow leaves and a few vineyards were displaying the full fall color spectrum.


I drove back to catch some of the lasting color on Saturday. I was up at a pre-scoped out spot by sunrise, withstanding the howling wind. The storm and wind from the previous day had littered the roads with leaves and branches. Wind was an issue all day and a lot of my images show motion blur because of it. I drove around “newly” discovered back roads in Lake County and I have so much more to see. Besides vineyards there are hill sides covered with oak trees; real eye candy.


20091128_9070

Vineyard in full fall color – November 28, 2009. © Copyright Inge Fernau .


20091128_9056

Bright yellow leaf orchard – November 28, 2009. © Copyright Inge Fernau .


These (digital) photographs are not in the public domain! They may not be used on websites, blogs, or in any other media, they may not be copied, printed or otherwise reproduced in any manner or form, whether in whole or in part without explicit advance written permission from Inge Fernau

Please visit my website for this and more. All images may be purchased or licensed in a range of sizes.

PhotoShelter Stock Images - Magical Glow Photography
Magical Glow PhotographyFacebook Fan PageFacebook Twitter

2 comments:

G Dan Mitchell said...

Inge, that second shot must confuse the heck out of anyone who isn't familiar with the California climate. What the heck? Fall colors and new grass!? :-)

Dan

Magical Glow Photography said...

Thanks Da, I was plesantly surprised myself. I am guessing this is a walnut orchard, but I did not see any water systems (they may be there out of site). Maybe it is due to all that low laying fog this area has.
Inge