Saturday, June 20, 2009

Visiting my Mom in Germany May 2009

My mom is 91 years old and she broke her hip back in April. It was time for me to visit her. She is in a nursing home in Hildesheim, Germany to heal. I thought she would go back to her apartment in about 3 or 4 months, but it was decided that she will stay in this home and give up her apartment in Hannover, Germany. I am not sure if this is the right thing, but it is her decision….I know she already regrets this, but it is done deal now.
Anyway, while visiting her I stayed in Hannover at her apartment and took the train to Hildesheim where the nursing home is. On my way I saw some wild flowers and flowers in the front yards of some homes. Time to take out my G10 and take close-ups. So this series is for you Mom – the Urban Flowerscape.


To start off with my mom’s favorite house plant the Amaryllis, it was in bloom and mom would miss it. This plant blooms for about 8 days and then the plant goes dormant until the next time…..I had a print made for her so she could see how beautiful he bloom is/was.
20090517_1184

Blooming Amaryllis – Hannover, Germany. May 17, 2009. © Copyright Inge Fernau .


20090521_1388

Urban Wild Rose – Hildesheim, Germany. May 21, 2009. © Copyright Inge Fernau .


20090521_1394

Rhododendron grown in a park in Hildesheim, Germany. May 21, 2009. © Copyright Inge Fernau .


20090519_1245

Urban Wild Rose – Hannover, Germany May 19, 2009. © Copyright Inge Fernau .


These photographs are not in the public domain! They may not be used on websites, blogs, or in any other media without explicit advance written permission from Inge Fernau

Please visit my website for this and more. All images may be purchased or licensed in a range of sizes.

No comments: