Friday, May 15, 2009

Kruse Rhododendron State Reserve

On Wednesday May 13th, I drove to the Kruse Rhododendron State Reserve to get a look at the “Rhodies”. I really had no reports on any bloom yet, but since I am now unemployed, I will not have the means to visit the Redwoods National Parks for the gorgeous bloom. If you want to see the “Rhodies” bloom, Redwood National Park is the way to go, see this older blog:
Journal of my travels for the perfect photo
I met up with my friend Jim Reynolds at the trailhead inside the Park. It was a real disappointment – we only found a few good blossoms. I have more close-ups than grand views. We just made the best of it. A local told us that this was the peak season here.


20090513_1473

Pink Rhododendron Blossom – Kruse Rhododendron State Reserve. May 13, 2009. © Copyright Inge Fernau .


20090513_5258

Pink Rhododendron Blossom – Kruse Rhododendron State Reserve. May 13, 2009. © Copyright Inge Fernau .


These photographs are not in the public domain! They may not be used on websites, blogs, or in any other media without explicit advance written permission from Inge Fernau
Please visit my website for this and more. All images may be purchased or licensed in a range of sizes.

I also posted more images in the Kruse Rhododendron State Reserve set on flickr.

No comments: